So I mentioned a zipper pouch I wanted to make in an earlier post. Ben was busy this weekend so I had lots of time to sew. I was super excited. I had fabric scraps and a spare zipper from an old dress I dismantled. So I cut out all my fabric Friday night, and then sewed it all together Saturday morning. I was actually amazed at how quickly I did it, and how great it looked. It was so beautiful: perfectly stitched detail work, straight lines, no exposed seams.
And then I zipped it closed. Turns out, if you sew the fabric too close to the zipper it gets caught when you zip it. When you zip over the fabric a few times, the zipper then breaks. And then you end up with a beautiful useless piece of crap.