I have been working on a dress. It has been going great! I adapted the pattern to fit my measurements, and even made up a muslin to make sure it all fit right. It’s fully lined, with a cool collar detail. The pattern called for a pencil skirt, but I changed mine to an A-line skirt because I prefer that silhouette more. As it started to come together, I would try it on to make sure the fittings were perfect. And they are! I even added in-seam pockets to the skirt because every skirt just needs pockets. I also changed the zipper from a normal one to an invisible zipper. Last night all I had left to do was hem.
It’s just too bad I don’t have an invisible zipper foot for my sewing machine. It is possible to put in an invisible zipper with a regular zipper foot, but I guess I just haven’t got very good at it. Cause as I was trying to even up the hemline, I zipped up the dress…and the zipper broke.
It was going to be really pretty. The nice thing is it is at least salvageable – I just have to take the zipper out and replace it. When I get around to it.