I found this dress at Target that I absolutely loved…
But I didn’t love that it was see-through. And the one I found had no slip underneath…it was on the clearance rack, so maybe it was just missing the slip, but regardless, I didn’t need a see-through dress. So I decided that I could make a similar dress myself.
(pardon the awful pictures! With hubby gone, it’s all I can do)
I added a casing inside at the waist for elastic. I also made my first attempt at sewing a blind hem on the machine. This is a great way to hem a dress because, like the name implies, the stitching for the most part is invisible. It adds a clean, classy finish.
Some more pics of the dress:
I’m pretty happy with how this one turned out since it wasn’t from a pattern. I feel like this dress channels a nice Hawaiian evening out (hint hint, Hubs). I have a good bit of this beautiful fabric left over, so I’ll get something else out of it.
But next it’s another attempt at a seersucker project. I’m determined to get something in seersucker before summer’s over.