Man, it’s been over a month since I’ve posted! It’s almost been that long since I’ve sewn too. Ever just get into a lull? That was basically the month of October for me. I think it’s because I’ve made myself do muslins for each project. I finished the muslin for Simplicity 1877, but then just did not want to cut out anymore fabric. Hence the hiatus.
To break out of my lull, I made some baby items for my sister’s shower this past weekend. Baby projects are great – so adorable, and super quick.
This was my first time to attempt covered buttons, and I was amazed at how easy they were. I just got a kit from JoAnn, and had covered buttons done in about 2 seconds. Will definitely be putting these on more projects.
Next up: I have finally cut out the real fabric for Simplicity 1877, and will be sewing it every spare minute I have. Hope to have a finished dress to share soon!